The Big Eclipse Family Weekend is an opportunity for you to experience this once-in-a-lifetime celestial event with your children. Located an hour's drive from the Portland metro area and in the path of totality, Monmouth, Oregon is considered a prime location to watch the eclipse. The camp takes place on the beautiful campus of Western Oregon University.
The Big Eclipse Camp includes:
- Two nights lodging (Aug 19-20) in Western Oregon University dorms.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the Western Oregon University cafeteria, as well as s'mores on August 20th and an outdoor picnic on the 21st following the eclipse.
- Educational crafts, nighttime star viewing, and presentations conducted by three high school astronomy and science teachers, and high school camp counselors.
- Eclipse viewing glasses.
- Tee shirt for every child and parent.
- One copy of The Big Eclipse Book and The Big Eclipse Activity Book per child.
- One parking space at Western Oregon University.